ORDER PICKER AT JUMBO
What your job will involve?
The job of an order picker involves preparing orders placed online. Using a hand-held scanner, you pick your orders (for products such as yoghurt, cheese, cold meat, fruit, and vegetables) in a logical and orderly manner. You check products for quality and best-before dates. The products picked by you are collected by the customer at a pick-up point or delivered directly to their home. You move around the facility on foot.
I work in the Netherlands because…
Moving to the Netherlands is a new stage of life for every person. Despite the different reasons for moving, everyone is united by the fear of the unknown. Carrière is there to help before you leave and on the spot. To give you an idea of what it looks like in practice, we asked our employees why they decided to move to the Netherlands and what is most important to them during their stay. Find out their answers.
Martyna, order picker at Jumbo
Jumbo has been a partner of Carrière for many years. We are looking for employees for our Dutch client mainly for the position of order picker, i.e. a person to collect orders of groceries in the warehouse.
Thanks to the well-organised shift work, our employees have the opportunity not only to earn money, but also to recuperate and relax or visit the Netherlands in their free time.
A pleasant working atmosphere is a feature of this offer. We make sure that every employee – both new and experienced – feels comfortable during their shift.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Jumbo is one of the leading supermarket chains in the Netherlands. The company also handles online shopping, after the pandemic this is one of the fastest growing branches of the company. Employees in the e-commerce department make sure that purchases arrive at the customer’s home on time. The company cares about a good working atmosphere and employs people from different countries.
- Stable and legal work with a Dutch contract.
- Assistance provided by a English consultant working in the
- The hiring process could be online.
- Holiday and leave allowance.
- Shift allowances.
- A free hot meal on the afternoon shift.
- Optional additional work in the freezing room – with an extra 8% of
the hourly rate.
- In-house (agency office) at the workplace, where you can make
arrangements for your work schedule, accommodation, and financial issues.
- Employee canteen.
- Attractive allowance for drivers.
- Free transport to and from work.
- Wages paid every week into the employee’s account (except the first one, which you will receive after 2 weeks).
- We offer paid accommodation and health insurance.
- Access to the myHolland platform, where you can find your
documents and the information you need.
- Communicative command of the English language.
- Readiness for long-term cooperation due to a 5-week training period.
- Flexibility and willingness to work shifts, 7 days a week (days off are changeable).
€12,19/hThe gross hourly rate in the warm facility
€12,42/hThe gross hourly rate in the cold room, at -2/4°C
€13,10/hThe gross hourly rate in the freezing room
150%Night shift (work after 10 p.m.)
200%Work on public holidays paid
OTHER OFFERS FROM THIS EMPLOYER
Haven’t found an offer that suits you?
If you haven’t found a job offer, nothing is lost!
Fill in the form and we’ll take care of the rest!